This year, scripts of all genres are welcomed with no theme requirements.
Early Deadline: November 1, 2017 with entry fee of $10 per script
Final Deadline: December 1, 2017 with entry fee of $15 per script
Out of state judges will rank scripts and offer brief feedback in 2018.
A Grand Prize of $500 will be awarded in 2018. If the writer chooses to produce the film, SWW can offer networking connections, assistance, and general non-financial support if desired.
- There will be a $10 entry fee per script each month. Fees waived for full-time students.
- Entrants must be current Screenwriters’ Workshop (dues-paying) Members.
- Script must not be more than 10 pages in length.
- Maximum 4 speaking characters and 3 locations or less.
- All genres are eligible and welcomed.
- Script must be written in industry-standard screenplay format.
- Script must be submitted in .pdf format only.
- Writers may enter an unlimited number of scripts.
- Non-winning entries from previous SWW contests are eligible. Previous first-prize winning scripts are not eligible.
E-MAIL CONTEST ENTRIES (and questions) to: email@example.com
Put the title of script in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail include the script title, the writer’s name (must be a paid SwW member), writer’s contact email and phone, the script’s genre, page count, and logline. Please attach the script as 2 PDF files -- one without the writer’s name anywhere on the title page or in the script; and another PDF with the writer's name and contact info on the title page.
Click here to pay entry fee via PayPal (or contact us if you prefer to mail a check).
NOTE: By entering a script in this SWW Short Script Challenge, the writer gives SWW permission to post online (with writer’s name credit) any script that is judged to be among the top entered screenplays.
Click below to pay entry fee via PayPal (or contact us if you prefer to mail a check).