GiGi is a film and television writer whoʼs developed numerous features for studios and independent producers. A finalist for The Disney Fellowship, she began her career as an assistant on Everybody Loves Raymond, and moved on to writing for the award wining Nickelodeon family series The Brothers Garcia. She has since worked for Gavin Polone (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Gilmore Girls), Wally Wallodarsky, and Maya Forbes (The Larry Sanders Show) on the FOX series The Ortegaʼs. She recently returned from LA wherein she pitched her own show to all of the networks, with her producing partner, Walt Becker (dir of Van Wilder, Old Dogs. Wild Hogs….TBS TV show…Glory Daze).
She has written film scripts and developed material for Aqua Entertainment, Gunn Films, The Walt Disney Company, Maya Entertainment, Avalanche Entertainment, andUnderground Films. Currently, sheʼs in development with Paramount/Vantage.
If you like this podcast we ask you to give donations in hopes that we can purchase equipment to enhance the experience
Screenwriter GiGi New and Actor Writer Director Nick Sadler invite you to join them for an illuminating conversation pertaining to their experience developing films in Hollywood and where the industry is headed.
In an era of “the tent pole” and “blockbuster” movie mind set, ironically, the greatest opportunities for writers and directors to get noticed, and to thrive, is in the making of the personal film.
The more intimate, the more authentic, the better
Whether youʼre a screenwriter or a director, or both, GiGi and Nick will cover several key areas including:
- The Film industryʼs search for original voices: New strategies being employed to find fresh talent
- Social Media: Shaping screenwriting, filmmaking, and acquisitions
- How recent independently financed, micro budgeted films have found arewarding audience and seized the attention of the major studios and global financiers.
- How to stay true to your own voice and have confidence in your vision.
- How to execute a comprehensive narrative that will bring your audience into theprocess of your storytelling early, gain their loyalty, and utilize their enthusiasm.
GiGi and Nick have 15 years experience in the entertainment business, working on studio, independent, and micro budget, new media projects.
When: Saturday January 15th, 2011 10 AM – 1 PM
Where: IFP Media Arts Center 2446 University Ave. WestSt. Paul, MN 55114 651-644-1912 (phone)
Space is limited. Reserve early.
RSVP by January 10th 2011