THIS CONTEST IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. CLICK HERE FOR THE 2020 WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT, OR ON THE ABOVE LINK.
2020 Short Script Contest
“We Pay YOU to Write”
Screenwriters’ Workshop really wants you to write something new and innovative, so this year, we are waiving all entry fees for our short script contest and paying $5 for each member who chooses to enter a script.
Short scripts of all genres are welcomed but they must be on the theme of “For Love or Money.” This can be about a choice between love or money or about sacrificing love for money or money for love or two different people with contrasting views on love and money. Just make it fit. You must be a member of Screenwriters Workshop to enter.
The top five scripts will be acted out at a professionally staged reading that is open to the public. Scripts will be read anonymously and judged by a panel of local judges selected by our board.
Midnight of Sunday, March 15, 2020. Your membership must be paid in full as of that time.
• There will be no entry fee per script. Completed entries meeting the criteria will be paid $5 for their script on the date of the public reading.
• Entrants must be current Screenwriters’ Workshop (dues-paying) members residing in either Minnesota or any Wisconsin county adjacent to Minnesota or participating in a script group on a regular basis.
• Scripts must not be more than 10 pages in length.
• Maximum 4 speaking characters and 3 locations or less.
• All genres are eligible and welcomed, but must use address the theme “For Love or Money”.
• Script must be written in industry-standard screenplay format.
• Script must be submitted in .pdf format only.
• Paid members may enter only ONE script.
• Since this is a new format for the contest, winners of previous short script contest through Screenwriters’ Workshop ARE eligible.
• The burden is on the writer(s) to provide adequate documentation of requirements.
• No SWW member assisting with the contest may enter.
E-MAIL CONTEST ENTRIES (and questions) to: email@example.com
Put the title of script in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail include the script title, the writer’s name (must be a paid SWW member), writer’s contact email and phone, the script’s genre, page count, and logline. Please attach a .pdf of the script with a cover page WITHOUT the writer’s name anywhere on the title page or in the script.The winning script’s title, logline, and writer’s name will be posted online, and all entrants will be notified of the public reading.
If you’re not already a member, you must JOIN HERE first.