MARK YOUR CALENDAR + Submit Your Short to SWW’s 2022 Short Film Showcase
Mark your calendar now for the 2nd Annual Short Film Showcase on Friday, August 26, 2022 from 7:00-10:00 PM, in the courtyard outside the FilmSpace auditorium at Metropolitan State University at 700 East 7th Street in St. Paul. (Rain back up in FilmSpace.)
Bring your own chair to camp out on the lawn and enjoy a slew of short films that were written, directed, or produced by your fellow members. Admission ($10 for non-members, $5 for members, free for Metro State students) and includes food, non-alcoholic beverages, SWWag, and drawings. Parking in ramp is available for $5, but also available for free on nearby residential streets. T-shirts will be available when registration opens for tickets or on the day of the event.
Want to submit your completed short film?
Here are the guidelines:
- Writer, producer, or director must be a paid member of SWW
- Showcase is open to all genres
- “Short” is defined as 30 minutes or less
- Certain offensive language is never acceptable, such as racial slurs, homophobic language, etc. Any profanity which is included for the sole purpose of being shocking and making the audience feel uncomfortable will not be allowed.
- The number of shorts will be determined by submissions and time available for showing. (Slots are limited. We will fit in as many films as time will allow)
- Artists must provide copyright/sign-off for permission to use for one time showing.
- Short must be available for download thorough link (Vimeo, Dropbox, YouTube, etc…)
- Priority will be given to more recently completed films
- Short must be completed and in MP4 format.
- Deadline for entry is July 30th.
To enter, send an email with link for viewing and download to: email@example.com with your name, title of script, logline, genre, and your t-shirt size. There is no fee for entering.
Help us promote the showcase!
If there is a place where you could post the 8 1/2 x 11 poster, download it here for printing and distribution. Thank you!