Current Short Script Mini-Challenge
For our January 2021 short script challenge, please write a short film on the subject of procrastination.
Click here for general rules and the submission process.
Scripts must be received no later than midnight on January 15, 2021. They will be read and voted on online on Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 6:30 PM. Use this Zoom link to attend the reading:
Meeting ID: 533 859 616
Winner of this challenge will win a Screenwriter’s Workshop t-shirt or $20 and the opportunity to compete with other challenge winners at the end of 2021 for a larger cash prize. More information on the mini-challenge winner will be provided at the annual meeting.
The following mini-challenge winners will be eligible for a cash prize at the end of 2021. More details will follow at the annual meeting on January 9, 2021.
Social Distancing Short Script Challenge
- Winning Script and Writer: “The Shell” by Neal Patrick Peterson
- Theme of Challenge: Social Distancing During COVID-19
- Deadline: 5/15/20
- Reading: 5/24/20
The Charlie Chaplin Challenge
- Winning Script and Writer: “Dreamsicle” by Karen Frank.
- Logline: A young boy’s story of connection with his parents.
- Theme of Challenge: Script with 10 lines of dialogue or less
- Deadline: 8/15/20
- Reading: 8/30/20
The Halloween Challenge
- Winning Script and Writer: “Knock Yourself Out” by Tiffa Foster
- Theme of Challenge: Halloween themed script
- Deadline: 10/15/20
- Reading: 10/25/20
The Procrastination Short Script Challenge