Below are general screenwriting resources, as well as resources for those joining our governing team.
- Top 10 TED Talks on Storytelling and Filmmaking.
- Basic Screenwriting – Author’s Studio Workshop interview with Hafed Bouassida, SWW’s esteemed former president and 2012 Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Outstanding Educator.
- 5 Best Screenwriting and Filmmaking Podcasts – free online “radio shows” offer a wealth of information. You can search the keywords on iTunes, Stitcher, or Blog Talk Radio and listen on your computer, iPod, or smart phone.
- Pixar Studio’s free online tutorials, “The art of storytelling“.
No & Low-budget screenplays and articles:
- Writing a low-budget screenplay that sells
- 10 Top Tips for Writing a Micro-Budget Script
- 5 Tips on Writing No-Budget/Low-Budget Feature Screenplays (on IndieWire Blog)
- 5 Good Reasons to Write a No-Low Budget Script (Script magazine)
- 13 Commandments for the Micro-Budget Screenplay
- The Microbudget Conversation: Script vs. Story (Filmmaker Magazine)
- 10 Zero Budget Filmmaking Tips (Raindance Film Festival)
- How to Shoot an Ultra Low-Budget Indie TV Show (HBO)
Limited-location screenplays and articles:
Misc. screenwriting resources:
- Indie Film Hustle has scripts for all Oscar contenders and other resources.
- Drew’s Scrip-O-Rama has umpteen movie and TV scripts online.
- Internet Movie Database is a popular searchable database of movies, TV shows, streaming shows, and includes cast and crew info.
- Creative Screenwriting Magazine
- Script Magazine
- Filmmaker Magazine
- Writers Guild of America, West (WGAw) has an extensive list of valuable resources and links
- 12 Best Screenwriting Contests You Need to Enter Now
- Screenwriting Competitions, Fellowship and Film Fund
- Movie Bytes – searchable directory of screenplay contests according to various categories. Smaller, specialized, and niche contests can have better odds of winning.
- The Best Screenwriting Software of 2015 | Top Ten Reviews
SWW’s governing team and committee resources:
- Click here to read our bylaws.
- Click here to read our past minutes (password protected, visible to board members only at this time).
- Click here for a cheat sheet on basic parliamentary procedure.
- Be familiar with the Minnesota Attorney General’s Information for Nonprofits. This webpage includes a link to Minnesota Statute 317A that governs 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Peruse the Minnesota Attorney General’s Guide for Charity Board Members and Nonprofit Organization Resources.
- Peruse Minnesota Council of Non-Profits’ free guide: The Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence.
- Free educational webinars and videos at Propel Nonprofits, as well as classes. In particular, the webinar What’s My Role As A Nonprofit Board Member? may be helpful.